My name is Juan Gonzalez. I am a native English teacher from NYC, USA. I am fluent in English & Spanish. I hold degrees in Aeronautical & Mechanical Engineering, where I have more than 3 years of professional experience before I decided to move to Asia.
My expertise lie in teaching English as a second language. For the past two years I have been teaching English in Beijing and working as a curriculum developer for a start-up English language app company along with private tutoring for various ages. I have also taught in the past in the USA, teaching newcomers to the country English as a second language while working as professional engineer.
Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
May 2013 February 2016 – August 2016
Bachelor of Science, Aeronautical/ Mechanical Engineering (Double Major) Work History
Curriculum developer, ELC (English Life club), Shuangjing, China
• Establish the online curriculum for K12 online software development
• Project management between the online K12 and offline curriculum coordination
• Conduct and manage all voice recording operations for the online software content
Kindergarden English Teacher, Smart Kidz, Wangjing, China April 2015- January 2016
• Head instructor of multiple classrooms in my 7 month period at the language center.
• Instructed children ages 4-7 with emphasis on speech, reading and comprehension development.
• Created , prepared and maintained classroom curriculum.
Campus Library Clerk, Clarkson University, Potsdam NY January 2010-May 2013
• Processed and assisted in acquiring research material requested by patrons, frequently and efficiently.
• Organize and relocate books systematically and precisely, with great attention to detail
Security Officer, Allied Barton, Hearst Corporation, Manhattan NY April-August 2009
• Stood guard of the main entrance of the corporation building on 59th St. in Manhattan
• Performed routine patrols throughout the building to ensure safe conditions
• Greeted guests and provided assistance when necessary
Distribution Designer/Engineer, TRC Engineers inc., Liverpool, NY
• • •
November 2013- March 2015
Designed and prepared work orders for overhead and underground facilities associated with electrical
power distribution while applying standards, guides, specification and procedures set forth by the client.
Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing. Utilize AutoCAD to develop
Exhibit A: Easement document, for electrical construction designs on private properties & RR permits.
Created design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents for
construction and maintenance projects.
Research, Small Green Data Center Development, Clarkson University
• Assisted in the design and construction of a renewable energy powered data center.
• Performed an iterative systems analysis on component schematic and hardware.
• Developed multiple computer-simulated calculations in order to acquire an efficient operating system.
• Introduction to power system engineering quickly grasped throughout experience.
Research, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Clarkson University Summer 2011
• Designed and constructed the aircraft structure for a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
• Improved aerodynamic test for the fatigue and stress levels of the aircraft’s fuselage and access panels
• Produced weekly lab reports with a manifest of the UAV’s progress
• Reported/presented summer aircraft progress at the University of Buffalo summer research conference Automotive Mechanic, Regan Pontiac Buick GMC, Long Island City NY June 2007- June 2008
• Solved basic and intricate mechanical problems, both individually and in collaboration with others
• Wrote automotive repair orders for customers explaining clearly what procedures were performed Related Coursework:
Aeronautical engineering labs, Design of Propulsion Systems, Gas Dynamics. Stability and Control of Aerospace Vehicles, Design of Aircraft Structures, Aircraft Performance and Flight Mechanics, Mechanical Vibrations and Control, Mechanics of Machine Element, Heat & Mass Transfer, Aerodynamics, Engineering Design and Dynamical Systems
Advanced Aircraft Analysis; AutoCAD; Shark FX, COMPSOL, Solid Edge; ANSYS; LabVIEW; MATLAB; MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Proficient in speaking and reading the Spanish Language.
SHPE: Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (Secretary Chair); Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity (Scholastic Chair); LSAMP: Louis Stoked Alliance For Minority Participation (Active Member); HEOP (Higher Education Opportunity Program); AIAA (Active Member)