I am a qualified (TESOL) Native English Teacher from the UK with a wide range of experience in teaching English as a second language to children and young adults. I have a permit to work in Hong Kong with immediate availability. I am a clear communicator and believe in: making my lessons a fun and welcoming place to practise English and build confidence; identifying the specific needs of each of my students student; and keeping up to date with local education trends whilst having an international perspective and sharing my British culture.
Aug 2015-May 2017: Native English Teacher at Baptist Lui Ming Choi Primary School
Two years teaching experience in Hong Kong working with Chatteris Education Foundation at BLMC.
• Was proactive in addressing the needs of the school and students; prepared creative lessons that targeted areas of language learning identified as needing improvement; and developed an English Language Enrichment Programme to ensure students enjoy using English outside of the classroom.
• Taught English Oral lessons for P1-P6; acquired the patience and techniques to work with children of a variety of ages. Motivated students through creating successful and fun incentive schemes.
• Taught P3 Phonics, Grammar and Writing. Focused on igniting their creativity; building an advanced vocabulary; native pronunciation and speaking with natural intonation; and writing with a logical structure. Assisted in preparation for Territory-wide Student Assessment (TSA) for P3.
• Supported local staff to update their English curriculum and Specialised Teaching methods (with a stronger focus on building confidence and catering for learner diversity) and methods of assessing students.
• Ensured the high standards expected by parents were met by monitoring the progress of each student and providing feeding back through Parent Days and Open Days, as well as regular telephone conversations.
• Coached the P3 Choral Speaking team and trained individual students that were awarded first place at their Solo Speaking Speech Festival competition.
• Mentored P6 students training for their Secondary School admission interviews in English.
June 2015 - Aug 2015: Native English Teacher at Education First (United Kingdom)
Taught EFL secondary school students from around Europe at a UK language summer school.
• Tailored my lessons to engage the interests of an international class of teenaged students.
• Organised logistics of, and led, guided tours of cities such as London and Cambridge. Taught students about British culture whilst also being constantly mindful of head count and safety precautions.
Dec 2012 - June 2015: Senior Ambassador for Widening Participation UK Government Education Policy
• During university, I worked with disadvantaged children and teenagers in the UK to try and inspire them to apply to higher education through holding interactive tours, and immersive workshops.